Chicken Fillet Sandwich a fiery blend of peppers and spices added to a chicken breast fillet. Topped withy mayo, lettuce, and red ripe tomatoes.
- 7 cups vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup red hot pepper sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 4 plain hamburger buns
- 8 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
1. Preheat oil in deep fryer or in heavy skillet to 350 degrees F. If desired, chicken can be broiled for a healthier version.
2. In bowl, combine pepper sauce and water; mix well.
3. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, onion powder, paprika, and garlic powder.
4. Using meat mallet or rolling pin, pound each of the chicken pieces to a thickness of 3/8-inch, placing between sheets of plastic wrap or using a plastic food bag (clean up is easier this way). If necessary, trim to fit on the bun.
5. Coat each piece with seasoned flour; shake off excess; roll in pepper sauce mixture; allow excess to drain off; return to coat again in seasoned flour; shake off excess; place on plate until all pieces are coated. Discard pepper sauce mixture.
6. Carefully place chicken in hot oil; fry for 10 minutes or until brown and crispy; drain on paper towels or wire rack.
7. Prepare each sandwich by toasting the split buns on a hot fry pan. Spread crowns with mayonnaise, top with lettuce and tomato. Place chicken on heel of bun. Assemble. Serve hot.