- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 1/2 cups zucchini (grated unpeeled)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, grated
- 1 cup toasted walnuts or pecans (coarsely chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F; Grease and flour two 8½-inch loaf pans.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves into a bowl and set
aside; Combine the zucchini, sugar, eggs, oil, and orange zest in a large bowl and mix by hand
until evenly blended.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the zucchini mixture; Stir by hand just until the batter is evenly
moistened and blended; Fold in the nuts; Divided the batter between the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake until the edges are browned and starting to pull away from the pan and the bread springs
back when lightly pressed with your fingertip, 50-55 minutes; Remove the loaves from the pans
and let cool on wire racks before serving.