- 1/2 lb whitefish, skinned, boned
- 1/4 lb salmon, skinned and boned
- 1/4 lb shrimps, peeled
- 2 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 1 bunch parsley; stems removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 4 feet sausage casings
1. mCUT THE FISH IN 1-INCH PIECES. Place all ingredients except casings in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Or, pass all the ingredients through a meat grinder fitted with medium holes.
2. Stuff the mixture into sausage casings or form 2 long sausages in plastic wrap. Poachthe sausages in gently simmering water for 5 minutes, drain and let cool. If you have used plastic wrap to form the sausages, remove it when sausagesare cool.
3. Cut sausages into 6-inch lengths. To serve, grill the sausages orplace under a preheated broiler.
4. Since the sausages are already cooked, we want only to reheat them and crisp their skins.
Makes 8 Sausages, or 4 Servings
MICHAEL ROBERTS – PRODIGY GUEST CHEFS COOKBOOK