Turkey Sausage and Pepper Calzones
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 pound Italian seasoned turkey sausage
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1. Cook onion and pepper in oil until soft, add garlic, then sausage until cooked through. Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Unroll pizza crust onto cutting board, cut into four 6- x 5-inch rectangles. Place on baking sheet, evenly distribute cheeses, and turkey mixture onto dough rectangles.
3. Bring opposite corners together and pinch together, Repeat with remaining sides, and pinch all corners together to form bundles.
4. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown, let cool 5 minutes before serving.