First, make a batch of homemade Bar-Be-Que Sauce:
- 1 TBS liquid smoke
- 1 TBS crushed garlic (or less, we like lots)
- 1 large onion chopped (I use a small vidalia)
- 2 TBS cider venegar
- 1 TBS loose brown sugar (not packed)
- 3 TBS fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1-14 oz. bottle of ketchup
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 4 TBS worchestershire
- 1 TBS dry mustard powder (like Coleman’s)
- 1 cup water or red wine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 TBS honey
Mix together and heat on range.
Then prep the brisket by removing all
silver skin if the butchere didn’t
already do this, place it in the CP, pour the homemade sauce over it
and let it go on low.
The length of time cooking will depend on how
large a brisket you got.
When done, remove lid from CP and using two forks shred the brisket.
Terrific served on rolls or buns.
It’s also good served like tacos with all the trimmings in soft or regular taco shells.