Pistachio Chocolate Swirl Brownies
- 2 oz Unsweetened chocolate
- 1 c Butter; softened
- 2 c Sugar
- 1 1/2 ts Vanilla
- 4 Eggs
- 1 3/4 c Flour
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/2 ts Almond extract
- 1 c Pistachios; chopped Green food coloring
- 1 c Chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9×13″ pan. Melt chocolate; set aside to cool. In large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Blend in flour and salt. Divide batter in half. To one half, add almond extract, chopped pistachios, and enough green food color to tint batter a light green (2- 4 drops).
3. To other half of batter, stir in melted chocolate and chocolate chips; mix well. Spoon batter alternately into pan, checkerboard fashion.
4. Swirl batters to get a marbled effect. Bake for 45 minutes or until tested done. Cool completely; cut into bars.