Heavenly Chocolate Cheesecake
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 cup ground toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/2 cup milk
- 16 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
1. For the crust, combine crumbs, almonds, sugar and butter in a bowl. Mix well. Press firmly onto bottom and 2 inches up sides of a 9−inch springform pan.
2. For the filling, melt chocolate chips in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatine over milk; let stand for 1 minute. Warm over low heat, stirring frequently, until gelatine is dissolved. In a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream and chocolate until fluffy. Beat in gelatine mixture and almond extract. Fold in whipped cream; pour into crust. Chill about 3 hours or until firm. Run knife around edge of cheesecake; remove rim. Garnish as desired.