Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cracker crumbs, butter and sugar in a food processor and whirl a few times to mix. Press into the bottom of an 8−inch springform mold. Set aside.
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 7 tablespoons very strong coffee (espresso)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dark rum
1. Put cream cheese, eggs and sugar into the processor bowl and mix until smooth.
2. Add remaining ingredients and blend thoroughly. Pour batter on top of the crust. Bake for 45 minutes without opening the oven door. Cake will be slightly soft in the middle, but will firm up as it cools.
3. At the end of the baking time, turn off heat and prop oven door open slightly with a pot holder or knife.
4. Allow cake to cool in the oven for 1 hour before removing. Refrigerate. Remove cake from the refrigerator at least 15 minutes before serving.
Serves 8 to 10.