- 3/4 cup wafer-cookie or graham cracker crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (light)
- 12 ounces cream cheese, light (neufchatel)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/4 cup amaretto
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate mini-morsels
Combine crust ingredients and pat into a 7-inch springform pan.
Beat the cheeses with the sugar until smooth; add eggs and whipping cream and beat for about 3 minutes on medium speed of an electric hand-held mixer.Add amaretto, cocoa, flour and vanilla; beat for about 1 more minute.
Stir in semi-sweet chocolate morsels; pour into prepared pan. Place the cheesecake on a rack in the Crock Pot (or use a “ring” of aluminum foil to keep it off the bottom of the pot). Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Let stand in the covered pot (after turning it off) for about 1 to 2 hours, until cool enough to handle. Cool thoroughly before removing pan sides.
Chill before serving store leftovers in the refrigerator.