A pink, almond paste, no-cook fudge is topped with semisweet chocolate, candied cherries and sliced almonds for a sweet, festive snack.
- 8 ounces almond paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 1 3/4 cups HERSHEY®’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 24 candied cherries, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
1. Line 8-inch square pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
2. Beat almond paste and 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk in small bowl until blended.
3. Add food color; beat until well blended. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until stiff.
4. Spread onto bottom of prepared pan.
5. Place chocolate chips and remaining sweetened condensed milk in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or just until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Spread over top of almond paste layer. Cover; refrigerate until firm.
6. Use foil to lift fudge out of pan; peel off foil. Cut fudge into squares; garnish with candied cherry halves and sliced almonds. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
Original recipe yield: 4 dozen.