Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 48 chocolate covered caramel candies
1. Beat together butter or margarine til creamy. Gradually add sugars and beat well.
2. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well again. Combine flour, baking soda and cocoa. Gradually add to the butter mixture, beating well. Stir in 1/2 cup nuts Cover and chill at least 2 hours. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F Combine remaining 1/2 cup nuts with the 1 tablespoon sugar.
3. Cookie Crazy Cookbook Marilynn Mansfield 34 Divide the dough into 4 parts. Work with one part at a time leaving the rest in the refrigerator. Divide each part into 12 pieces. Quickly press each piece of dough around a chocolate covered caramel and roll into ball.
4. Dip one side into sugar. Place sugar side up 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool one minute. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.