- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla toasted almonds
1. In heavy pan, heat 1 cup sugar until it melts and becomes golden in color. CAREFULLY add boiling water to syrup(partially cover pan while doing this so the caramel doesn’t splash on you.) Stir until dissolved. Bring to boil and cook until thick(9-10 min.) Set aside.
2. In another pan scald cream. Add sugar and mix well. Pour cream slowly over egg yolks, stirring constantly.
3. Return to saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add salt, vanilla, and 3/4 cups of the caramel syrup(saving the rest.)
4. Mix well. Freeze in ice cream maker according to instructions. Serve topped with remaining caramel syrup and toasted almonds.