Burrito Supreme a warm, soft tortilla wrapped around seasoned ground beef, hearty beans, tangy red sauce, shredded lettuce, Cheddar cheese, diced onions, diced tomatoes and reduced fat sour ream.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder dash garlic powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 16-oz. can refried beans
- 8 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
1. In bowl, combine ground beef, flour, chili powder, salt, minced onion, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder; mix well.
2. Pour water into skillet; add beef mixture; fry over medium heat, breaking up the meat as it cooks and the meat browns.
3. Microwave refried beans for 90 seconds, stirring halfway through.
4. Place flour tortillas on microwavable plate, cover with plastic wrap and heat in microwave 30 to 45 seconds.
5. Spread ¼-cup beans over center of tortilla; spoon 1/8th meat mixture over beans; top with a tablespoon of enchilada sauce over meat.
6. Spread about 1 ½ tablespoons sour cream over meat; top with lettuce, cheese, tomato, and onion. Fold the end closest to you over the filling; fold in one side and then fold down the top of the tortilla, leaving one side open. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve immediately.
Makes 8 burritos