Bavarian Spice Chocolate Cake
- 1 pk Pillsbury Plus Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 ts Cinnamon
- 1/2 ts Nutmeg
- 1 c Cold mashed potatoes
- 1/2 c Butter, softened
- 1/2 c Water
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 c Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tb Butter
- 2 tb Milk
- 1/2 c Powdered sugar
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees (F). Grease and flour a 12-cup fluted tube pan. In large bowl, blend cake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, potatoes, butter, water, and eggs until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at highest speed. Pour into prepared pan.
2. Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 40-50 minutes. Cool upright in pan 25 minutes; invert onto serving plate.
3. Cool completely. In small saucepan, blend chocolate chips, 1 Tablespoon butter and milk over low heat until chocolate melts, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat; stir in powdered sugar until smooth. (If needed, add a few more drops of milk for desired consistency.) Spoon over top of cake, allowing some to run down the sides. Garnish as desired.
Makes 16 servings.