Baked Fish With Vegetables
- 1 whole red snapper (2 lb) or whol; e sea bass or f
- 1 salt, pepper
- 2 1/2 lemons; halved
- 1 bunch fresh fennel leaves or
- 2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 onion; thinly sliced
- 2 medium potatoes; peeled and very thinly sl
- 2 tomatoes peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoon pernod
- 1 parsley; chopped
1. Season fish inside and out with salt and pepper to taste and juice of 1/2 lemon. If fillets are used, sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
2. Place fennel leaves or seeds inside fish or sprinkle over fillets. Melt butter in large skillet. Brown fish on both sides. Transfer fish and juices to 13- x 9-inch baking pan.
3. Arrange onion and potato slices around fish and bake at 375F 30 minutes. Add tomatoes, pour wine over fish and sprinkle with Pernod. Bake 10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with fork and potatoes are done.
4. Serve from baking dish or arrange fish on large platter with tomatoes, potatoes and onions.
5. Pour juices over fish and sprinkle with parsley. Garnish with remaining lemon halves.