Asparagus And Crabmeat Salad
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh
- 1 1/2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon shallot minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb asparagus trimmed
- 8 oz crabmeat cooked
- 4 large boston lettuce leaves or butter l; ettuce leaves
Calories per serving: Number of Servings: 4 Fat grams
perserving: Approx. Cook Time: Cholesterol per serving: Marks:
1. Whisk mayonnaise, lemon juice, tomato paste, shallot, Dijon mustard and pepper in medium bowl.
2. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead.) Cook asparagus in large pot of boiling salted wateruntil crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
3. Transfer to bowl of ice water and cool.Drain and pat dry. mix crabmeat into mayonnaise.Season to taste with salt.
4. Arrange 1 lettuce leaf on each plate.
5. Top with asparagus. Spoon crabmeat mayonnaise over and serve.
Bon Appetit, April, 1991.