Chicken Cannelloni pasta rolls filled with chicken, spinach, ricotta, sundried tomatoes and mozzarella smothered in a delicious cannelloni sauce made from Asiago cream sauce combined with tomato sauce.
- 12 lasagna pasta sheets, approximate size of 5 x 6 inches
- 8 oz. chicken breast (about 2), cooked thoroughly
- 1 oz. fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 oz. sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 16 oz. ricotta cheese
- 3 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 oz. Asiago cream sauce, or your favorite Alfredo sauce
- 16 oz. tomato pasta sauce
- 3 oz Parmesan for topping
- diced tomatoes fresh basil Italian parsley ricotta cheese
1. Cook chicken thoroughly and cool to an internal temperature of 45 degrees F.; dice into ½-inch pieces and transfer to large bowl.
2. Add spinach, tomatoes, ricotta, mozzarella, pepper and salt; stir thoroughly to combine.
3. Prepare Cannelloni Sauce: In bowl, combine sauces and blend well; set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Meanwhile, fill pasta sheets: Place 2 to 3 rounded tablespoons of filling down the center of each sheet; carefully roll ciga-fashion and place in baking dish, side by side.
6. Pour sauce over cannelloni, covering completely; sprinkle with Parmesan; cover with foil.
7. Place in preheated oven; bake about 20 minutes; remove foil and continue to bake an additional 20 minutes. If using a thermometer the internal temperature should read 165 degrees F. Remove from oven and serve hot. If desired, garnish dishes with diced tomatoes, basil or Italian parsley or a dollop of ricotta cheese on the side.