- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 cups dry cream of wheat
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 4 egg whites
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, applesauce, sugar and honey.
- Add in the lemon zest.
- Combine the cream of wheat, baking powder and cardamom and then stir into the creamed
- Add and mix in the yogurt and egg whites.
- If over mixed, the bars will fall during baking.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a greased 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45 to 55 minutes or until the edges are brown.
- Cool and cut into bars.