- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese, at room temp (neufchatel)
- 4 slices cinnamon-raisin bread (3/8-inch-thick)
- 1 ripe medium banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, warmed
- 6 fresh strawberries, sliced
- Spread the cream cheese on all 4 slices of bread.
- Place the banana slices over 2 slices of the bread and top each with the remaining bread.
- Combine the milk, egg, and vanilla in a small shallow bowl; beat lightly with a fork.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over med heat.
- Briefly dip the sandwhiches, one at a time, into the egg mixture.
- Place both sandwhiches in the skillet. Cook until golden brown, 3-4 min on each side.
- Place each piece on a plate; top each piece with 1 tbsp of the maple syrup and 3 tbsp of the
- (1 piece stuffed french toast with toppings).