- 1 dried chipotle chile (or 1 canned)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 1 lb tomatillos, husked (about 6)
- 2 medium tomatoes, stemmed
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (optional)
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/2 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup onions, white, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place chipotle pepper and jalapeno pepper in small saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and turn off heat.
- Set aside until chipotle is softened, about 30 minutes, and drain.
- Meanwhile place tomatillos and tomatoes in a shallow metal baking pan and roast in oven for 15-
20 minutes and remove without turning off oven.
- Transfer to a blender and add drained peppers (you might want to start with half a pepper each
and adjust according to taste) and oil, oregano, marjoram, lime juice, salt & pepper and cilantro, if
desired. Blend well until smooth.
- Place tortillas on a large baking sheet and spread evenly with cheese. Bake about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook eggs to taste (scrambled, fried or poached).
- Place an egg on each tortilla, and top with a generous tablespoon of sauce, onions, parmesan
cheese and cilantro if desired.