- 2 packages gelatin powder — unflavored
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups apples — diced
- 1/4 cup black walnuts — chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- cooking oil
- lettuce leaves — for decoration
1. Put 1/2 cup cold water into a small bowl. Sprinkle two
envelopes (2 tablespoons) of unflavored gelatin on water. Let stand 5-
10 minutes to soften.
2. Heat 2 cups apple cider until very hot; add salt. Remove from
heat and immediately add softened gelatin. Stir until gelatin is
completely dissolved. Have a 1 quart mold lightly greased with cooking
oil. Do not use olive oil. Spoon about 1/2 cup of gelatin mixture into
mold and place in refrigerator.
3. Chill remaining mixture until slightly thicker than consistency
of unbeaten egg white. Just before large bowl of gelatin is desired
consistency, dice apples and chop walnuts and parsley. Add this to the
gelatin and place into the mold which already has thin bottom layer of
gelatin. Chill until set.
4. Unmold onto serving plate which has been decorated with lettuce
leaves; curly endive is a good choice.