- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemons, rind of
- 2 medium apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon grated lemons, rind of
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Unroll crescent roll dough into 2 long rectangles on large ungreased cookie sheet.
- Overlap long sides to form 13×7″ rectangle; firmly press edges and perforations to seat.
- In medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon lemon peel.
- Stir in apples until well coated.
- Spoon apple mixture in 2 inch strip lengthwise down center of dough.
- Make cuts 1/2 inch apart on each side of rectangle at an angle.
- Braid strips over filling.
- Bake at 375º for 18-22 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet.
- In small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients, adding enough lemon juice for desired drizzling
- Drizzle over warm braid.